Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Favorite Place in the World


Can I just say today was AMAZING. We had a full day excursion, which started out with the most amazing scenic drive along the coast of the Indian and Atlantic Ocean.  We stopped along the way to see the wild penguins just hanging out at the beach and then made out way to the peninsula and Cape Point. On the way to the point we encountered some baboons eating snacks in the middle of the road (pictures below). 





Once to the park, we climbed up the mountain and let me tell you, it was beyond worth it. Upon arriving at the top, I was almost brought to tears. It was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Standing atop this mountain at the edge of this lighthouse, I could see for miles. At the point is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. So I can officially say I have seen 2 oceans at the exact same time in the exact same place, live. We were miles in the air, with the waves crashing below, mountains in the distance, with the nearest next location being Antarctica. Words cannot even describe how amazing this was. I have so much video (HD, thanks to Brian in the leadership minor office), amazing video if I had the capabilities I would upload it on to youtube and show you all. Even then it would be indescribable.


Left of point=Indian Ocean
Right of point= Atlantic Ocean
(we walked all the way out to the point)


 I was breath taken and every time I am stressed, mad, bored, happy, or sad I will think back to this moment and this feeling. How can you be anything but happy when you think of this place? I know I will be coming back here; I want to share this place with others around me.  I am so thankful I have friends and family who have supported my trip. Without them I would not be here and I am grateful beyond words to have this experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. Ive linked to your blog from mine, so you see an increase in traffic of 1 or 2. Look forward to your thoughts on the wild-life down there.

    ReplyDelete